Prawns with Chickpeas Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Prawns tossed with chickpeas, tomatoes and a caper-anchovies paste.
Ingredients of Prawns with Chickpeas
- For the paste:
Blend the ingredients together
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp anchovies, chopped
- A little water to help blend the paste
For the prawns with chickpeas:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 6 prawns, deshelled
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup chickpeas/ Kabuli channa (soaked in water overnight and pressure cooked)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Black pepper powder, to taste
How to Make Prawns with Chickpeas
- In a pan add olive oil, onions. Saute for a minute.
- Add the caper-garlic and anchovies paste with some salt. Saute till the extra liquid has dried off.
- Add the prawns. Cook for 2 minutes from both sides. Add white wine to de-glaze.
- Now add the soaked and boiled chickpeas. Saute.
- Add diced tomatoes, lemon juice. Cook till tomatoes start to wilt.
- Add parsley, butter and pepper. Mix well.
- Garnish with thyme leaves. Serve.
Key Ingredients: prawns
, chickpea, onion
, olive oil
, white wine
, lemon juice
, black pepper